About Me

My photo
Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
I'm a simple parent, living a real everyday life.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm in my Silent Scream Mode!

Living a nightmare!
I've been silently screaming lately ever since the Malaysian Government raised the petrol price by 41%!Why silently? because there is no one to listen to my agony! They say change your life style. How do you change your life style when you are already in the water up to you neck and struggling not to go under? Then some one drops a rock weighing a ton on top of you and tell you to " live with it!"As a single parent & single bread winner, my life is hard enough but at least i used to get by. Now,..... I feel I'm slowing drowning. It's not just the petrol price that increases, but essential food items, and house hold items.In this age of modern technology, super corridors, mega projects, etc, i have been washing my daughter's and my own cloths by hand! Why because when my washing machine of 8 years broke down in 2006, I couldn't afford the luxury of a new one!I'm not a charity case yet, (but it does seem like i will end up there eventually) i just feel I'd do without the luxury so i can provide a better daycare for my child when i am not with her.I know everyone is going through hard times now and we all have to take steps to tighten our belts. And i do! I have cut down on my visits to my sister who lives 11 km away from me. But it makes me so sad when she says " come over for this Saturday la" and i have to say "I Can't" just because I do not wish to drive there.Now you can say take the bus la! but,... i really do not want to get into that "very, very blood pressure elevating" topic today. I'll just say the bus service is hopeless!Someone said go talk to your MP in your area, Like as though i have the time or the inclination I just wonder how many people has actually gone and complained to their MP's regarding the rising cost! and What can the MP really do? or How much can they do??I was thinking, if they raise the income level of every one, i can just bet you that the cost of everything else will raise as well!So that is why i am in my silent scream mode!HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

No comments: