About Me

My photo
Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
I'm a simple parent, living a real everyday life.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

HEAL THE WORLD: Don't let Nurin Jazlin die in vain
In memory of Nurin
As a parent myself, I wish to extend my condolences to the family of the little girl. As an adult, i feel we are all responsible for children's safety. No. 1 is of course the parents but we all play a role.
A few months before this happened there have been reports of molesters / kidnappers in the news, it stayed in the news for 3 days at the most then all dies down. Why? Why was there no more reports on the progress of the kids that were adducted in Kg. Baru? What about the child who was taken outside the dad's stall in the market? What happened? Do u know? I'm sure everyone forgot.

I know the police are burdened with millions of cases and few resources but why is no one doing anything? Why spend millions on a building when the money can go to better cause? Like upgrading our police force? (Only 300 man for the whole of Malaysia to track missing persons) Yes in Nurin's case I'm sure the parents had their part in this through taking it for granted that she went with another sister. Even though i personally do not agree with 2 kids going alone, but i don't think they need being reminded that because of them taking things for granted they now can never see their little child ever again. That is the worse punishment any parent can have! outliving their kid but having an innocent child murdered! that's worse!Who are we to judge? After all we are all human and we all make mistakes. now we should learn from their mistakes. I still see kids playing on the road outside the home with no parents in sight. May be this people think this will never happen to them this is the most dangerous thing to happened. Sometimes i feel I'm paranoid but I'd rather be paranoid then sorry when it comes to my kid's safety. I feel the public, parents, kids must be taught about safety. Not only kids and predators but basic safety. Make more safety campaigns in schools for children and parents. Involve the whole community in keeping our neighborhood safe. We should be suspicious and don't think that we are being busy bodies. Teach parents how to teach their kids about strangers and sexual crimes. I and sure 80% of parents do not know how to talk and explain to their kids what being molested is. Especially if you have young children. Why is it that there is no data base in our country that registers sexual offenders after they are caught and when they get out?. At least then we know who lives in our neighborhood and how safe we really are. That would even make the police jobs easier too for tracking purposes.We tend to live in our little own bubble and this we should not. The police need to change their system and not treat all missing persons with the same process. right now, Missing persons are all lumped together and under the same process, be they the aged or teens or grown ups or kids or babies. I had no idea until this case came to light. This also show me how ignorant i was! I thought the police had different priorities to find missing persons. I thought that missing kids had a different department that worked their cases. which is not true. By assigning blame nothing changes! by charging the parents it shows that you just want to point the finger then wash your hands! So come on think! I challenge you the people ruling our country to do something using the gift God gave you your brains.So to change the country we need to change ourselves then work towards changing the rest.

No comments: