About Me

My photo
Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
I'm a simple parent, living a real everyday life.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My dear sister had her confinement period about 3 months ago and it was rough on her.
She is a naturally out going person. She has an older boy aged 7 and between trying to nurse her new born baby (her 1st child was not a successful breast fed baby)and taking care of her 7yr old, keeping an eye on our aging (90yr old) grandma and deal with the confinement lady was a stressful time for her.

She is though very thankful for her dear husband help (he helped out when he got back form work) and our dearest 90yr old grandmother was a saint! God Bless AuntiMay, at 90 she still walks well, and still manages to help around the house.

My sister's mother-in-law is also a very good nice and strong lady! and she did so much for my sister as well knowing we did not have our mom anymore she kind of tried to stand in. And I am very very touched by her gesture.

Anyway, I'm getting away from the topic. CONFINEMENT!

I had a half confinement period, well kind of. I am a single parent so I had to do things by my self. I followed the 30 days never leaving the house. I had my daily showers though and i washed my hair when my baby was 3 days old. (I normally wash my hair daily as my hair gets very oily!) so 3 days is way tooo long! I bath my baby at day 4 coz my sister had to go to Singapore then (She was doing for me the 1st few days) I did not have a confinement lady. But I had my grandmother with me. She was God's gift to me. And I love her so very much! SHe helped me through everything.

I eat alot of pork and chicken with ginger and Chinese wine and I drank a lot of red dates water. I also had a lot of fruits and veges so that i did not constipate. You really wouldn't want constipation when you have stitches down there!

Anyway, i was wondering if confinement is really beneficial or not? I think that is is beneficial for the mom and the new baby but my daughter's father did not think so he thought it was a lot of bull. and he said his family did not need it. (He's British) And now 5 years later I just wonder if he is right? Is the traditional confinement period necessary?
I would like to know what others think.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my dearest Grandmother (AuntiMay)for everything you have ever done for me and Girl-girl

and my sister and my brother-in-law for being there all the time and helping me do everything i couldn't

and my brother (Vince, thanks for handling Katrina's birth certificate applications for me),
and my dearest friends Amy & Victor,

And A special thank you to My brother-in-laws Mom for getting for me the Chinese wine and helping cook the soups for me).

No comments: