About Me

My photo
Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
I'm a simple parent, living a real everyday life.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Homosexuality

Malaysiakini.
Malaysia mahu iktiraf homoseks?
Firdaus Khairi Jul 18, 08 1:11pm


I read the article above on Malaysiakini website.
It quoted quite a bit on the Catholic Church too. How the church & the Pope was against homosexuality.
I am a Catholic myself a practicing one. I may not be a very good Catholic but I always trust in Jesus. I Believe God the Father is a forgiving God. I Believe In Jesus and The Holy Spirit. Therefore form all I’ve learned, we humans are not perfect, yet The Lord sent his Son to give His life for us. He loves us no matter who we are and what we are Jesus came for us the sinners. If I a catholic believe this then should it not follow we should accept everyone no matter what their sexual preference is?
Here I can only speak of the Catholic faith because I am a catholic. I cannot comment on Islam as I have no knowledge of it. What I am thinking here is why are people against homosexuality? Are they bad people just because they prefer their own kind?
Let’s make believe that I was gay, would my family, friends, government, church, disown me & Cast me out just because I was gay, without taking into consideration me my self? My character? My life? My personality? Am I out cast just because as a woman I prefer sex with another woman? May be I fall in love with a woman and plan to spend the rest of my life with her? The Lord said “Let you without the sin cast the 1st stone!”
I am in agreement that the homosexual community should be acknowledge as equal citizens and have access to all the same things and services and aid as everyone else!

No comments: